Graham's Port house owes its roots to a Glasgow-based textile business that opened an office in the nearby city of Oporto in the 20th Century. In 1820, office managers William and John Graham were given 27 pipes (barrels) of Port wine in settlement of a bad debt. This Port was shipped to the parent company in Glasgow where it proved to be incredibly popular. Urged on by the parent company, William and John acquired and shipped more and more Port to Scotland and grew a reputation as Port shippers of distinction the world over.
Today, Graham's is managed by the Symington family, again of Scottish descent.