1. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
5. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you would like the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please refer to section 9.10.a below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7. List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
8. What are Cookies?
9. GDPR & Data Protection
9.1 Data Protection Officer
9.1.a We have appointed a Data Protection Officer ("DPO"). Our DPO has a number of important responsibilities, including:
- Monitoring the company's compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- Raising awareness of data protection issues, training the company's staff and conducting internal audits;
- Cooperating with supervisory authorities, such as the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on our behalf.
9.2 How we handle your personal data
9.2.a In the interests of clarity, and to avoid misunderstanding about how we handle your personal data, we will:
- Always keep your data safe and private.
- Never sell your data.
- Allow you to manage and review your Marketing choices at any time.
9.3 Information that we collect about you
9.3.a We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us "submitted information": This is information that you give us about you by opting in to our email marketing database, filling in forms on the site, corresponding with us via any chat functions on the website), for example. It includes information that you provide when you participate or enter in any of our competitions (both online and offline), subscribe to any of our services, or enter into any transaction on the site. If you contact us, we will keep records of any and all correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, IP addresses, usernames and passwords to any account you hold on our website, and other registration information including information that we gain from transactions, including: bank account number, sort code, details of your debit and credit cards, the long number, IBAN, expiry dates, CVC, and identification documents.
- Information that we collect about you "device information" or your device. Each time you visit the site, we will automatically collect the following information: Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect to the internet, your account login information, browser type and version, browser plug-ins, operating systems, platforms, device information, mobile network information, the type of mobile browser that you use, the time zone setting.
9.4 Uses made of the Information
9.4.a Below is a summary of the key types of data that we make use of. For more information on how this data and these data types are used and for which purposes, then please see the table below.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. Submitted Information: We will use this information:
- To carry out any obligations arising from any and all transactions that you enter into with us, and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you with information about products or services that we feel may interest you;
- To notify you about any changes to our service or policies;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices.
2. Device Information: We will use this information:
- To administer our website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
- To allow you to participate in our interactive features when you choose to do so;
- As part of our ongoing efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and any other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them;
- To comply with our regulatory obligations.
9.5 Purposes for which we will use your personal data
9.5.a We have set information out in table format, a description of all the ways that we use your personal data as stated above, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Our use for your personal information||Type of information||Our reasons||Our legitimate interests|
|To help market and provide new products:|
|Defining types of customers for new products.|
|To help provide you with information about other products and services that are similar to those that you have previously purchased or enquired about||Submitted Information||Our legitimate interests||Maintaining efficiency when fulfilling out contractual duties.|
|Seeking your consent when we need to contact you.|
9.6 What we mean when we say:
9.7.a In order to be clear about how we use your data for Marketing purposes, and how you can 'opt-out' from receiving any marketing communications from us at any time.
9.7.b We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain uses of personal data, particularly with regards to Marketing and Advertising. We have established a 'Newsletter Subscription' section of our 'Account' section of our website, whereby you can make certain decisions about the use of your personal data in relation to marketing emails. This is how we decide which products and offers may be relevant to you.
9.7.c If you have not created an account but are receiving marketing emails from us, this is because you have purchased from us and have provided your email address in line with our terms and conditions of purchase. If you wish to 'opt-out' of our Marketing emails but cannot use the account feature, you can do so by clicking the 'unsubscribe' links at the footer of each email that we send, or by contacting us directly.
9.7.d Promotional Offers from us:
9.7.d.1 We may use your personal data (including 'Submitted Information', 'Location Information', or 'Transaction Information') to form a view on what we think may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and offers, etc. may be relevant to you.
9.7.d.2 You will receive marketing communications from us if you have signed up to specifically receive emails from us, entered into any competitions/prize draws/social media giveaways etc. (this list is not exhaustive), or have made a purchase with us, and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing notifications.
9.7.e Third-Party Marketing
9.7.e.1 We do not currently work with third parties for marketing and promotional purposes, and as such, no personal details will be shared with third parties.
9.7.f Opting Out
9.7.f.1 You can ask us to stop sending you Marketing communications at any time, by adjusting your Newsletter subscription preferences from the 'Account' section of your profile on our website. If you have not made an account, then you can unsubscribe on the 'Unsubscribe' link on the footer of any emails sent to you, or by contacting us directly.
9.8 Disclosing of your Information
9.8.a We send personal data to the following data processors, in order to perform our internal management services and I.T. backup:
9.8.a.1 Cloud Storage Providers & Remote I.T. Support: This is in order to safely and securely store and back up your data with us, as well as our contracted server maintenance company;
9.8.a.2 Banking and Financial Service Partners: Financial service providers that help us provide our payment and refund services, including: banking partners and intermediaries, and international payment service providers;
9.8.a.3 Delivery Companies: For the purposes of creating and printing shipping labels to enable us to deliver your purchased items to you at your address.
9.8.a.4 Web Design Agencies: For the purposes of investigating problems into the functionality of our website, including payment gateway issues.
9.9 Storage Security & International Security
9.10 Your Legal Rights
You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
9.10.d Object to processing of your personal data. This refers to situations in which we rely on a legitimate interest, and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on these grounds, as you feel that it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your data for direct marketing purposes. In certain cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights. If you object to the processing of certain data, then we may not be able to provide our products and services in line with the contract between yourself and us, and it is likely that your account will be terminated.
9.10.f Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw consent, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
9.10.g No Fee Required. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights, such as erasure, correction, etc.).
9.10.h What we may need from you. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
9.10.i Time limit to respond. We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer to process your request if your request is particularly complex, or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and will keep you updated.
9.10.j If you fail to provide personal data when requested. Where we need to collect personal legally, or under the terms of service or terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide this data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter with you. In this case, we may have to terminate your account or transaction, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
9.11.2 We also invite you to take a look at some helpful guidance on the ICO's website which can be found at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
9.11.3 If you have any questions for Cadman Fine Wines Ltd, then please contact our Operations Director, Michael King.