Domaine du Pegau, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rouge Reservée 2003

Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rhône, France

Domaine du Pegau, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rouge Reservée 2003

Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rhône, France

Volume

Bottle

  • Bottle
  • Case of 6
£92.50
Qty
Total

£92.50

Information
Wine Style: Sophisticated Spicy Reds Winemaker: Laurence Feraud Optimum Drinking: 2018-2035 Reviewer Rating: 98 Reviewer: eRobertParker.com Code: 103089 Label Quality: Original Wooden Case
Estate Notes

Domaine du Pegau, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rouge Reservée 2003 was purchased in its original sealed wooden case.

Domaine du Pegau is at the pinnacle of Châteauneuf, having been established in 1987, and is today managed by the father and daughter team of Paul and Laurence Feraud.

Paul spent the first half of his career selling 90% of his produce in bulk to top négociants, with the remaining 10% being bottled and sold as Cuvée Reservée, while Laurence studied viticulture and sold wine in Paris before a longing to come home and craft her own wine. Pegau has since expanded to over 40 hectares of vines.

Please note: bottle shown is for illustrative purposes only (not actual bottle for sale).

Reviews

“...straight-up fabulous. Out of the entire tasting, it remained my favorite. Giving up gorgeous blackberry, currants, garrigue, pepper and beef blood, it hits the palate with a massive, full-bodied texture that carries layers of sweet fruit, awesome concentration and blockbuster length. Tasting like the essence of both this estate and the terroir, it’s an incredible wine that I’m happy to taste/drink anytime. It will continue to evolve gracefully, but I see no reason to delay gratification." eRobertParker.com

"Offers aromas of freshly crushed plum and blackberry with a Port-like headiness, then pumps out dark berry fruit, bramble, licorice, tar and pain d'épices flavors before a flitter of game and garrigue on the finish. Dense and muscular, but also luxurious." Wine Spectator